Students following their passion, with any academic major, will develop the skills crucial to the practicing healthcare provider: problem-solving, effective communication, and critical thinking skills. Elmira College trains our future audiologists, chiropractors, clinical lab scientists, dentists, nurses, occupational therapists, optometrists, pharmacists, physician assistants, physicians, physical therapists, podiatrists, speech-language pathologists, and veterinarians.
What differentiates our science programs from other institutions?
- Research with faculty mentors, even as freshmen. Students have the opportunity to present results at national and international conferences and co-author papers and publications.
- Obler Summer Research Program – a competitive program in which students participate in summer research on campus, as well as abroad (past programs in the Bahamas). Free Room and Board and stipend for students selected.
- Junior Science Seminar to prepare for graduate and professional school. Course includes science lecture series with guest speakers, resume workshops, practice entry exams, and mock interviews.
- Study Abroad opportunities including: Marine Biology in the Bahamas, Animal Behavior in the Galapagos, Ecology in Alaska and Hawaii, and more!
Health Majors + Tracks
- Evolution, Ecology, and Behavior
- Molecular Biology
- Medical Biology
- General Chemistry
- Professional Chemistry
- Chemistry for Health Sciences
- Medicinal Plant Chemistry
Clinical Laboratory Science
Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Speech and Hearing
- Speech and Language Disabilities
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Veterinary Science
Early Acceptance and Graduate Program Partnerships
Visit our Pre-Professional Programs page for more information about these partnerships.