Potential students interested in attending Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer terms may do so at any time since Elmira College offers rolling admissions.
If you're unsure about a pursuing a Master's Degree, apply for an Advanced Certificate, or non-degree study to take classes for professional development or personal enrichment. The credits earned in these classes may be applied toward a Master's Degree if you decide to pursue a degree.
Master of Science Admission Requirements
- A completed bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 for the Master of Science in Management program and a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 for the Master of Science in Education: Adolescence Education, Master of Science in Education: Literacy, and Master of Science in Education: General Education programs.
- Completion of an approved content major, such as Biology, Chemistry, English, Mathematics, Social Studies/History, or a related field (for M.S.Ed. in Adolescence Education canditates only).
- New York State initial teacher certification or documentation evidencing that such certification is imminently forthcoming (for M.S.Ed. in Literacy candidates only).
- Scores from either the GRE® General Test or the Miller Analogy Test for candidates for the M.S. Education: General Education and M.S. Education: Literacy. For non-native English speakers, TOEFL (internet-based) scores are required. The minimum score for admission to graduate programs is 80, with no section score below 20.
Required Materials include:
- Completed Application form.
- Official transcripts for each college or university attended while earning a bachelor's degree.
- 800 - 1000-word personal statement.
- Interview with a Graduate Admissions Counselor.
- Resume (M.S. in Management candidates only)
- Documentation of your initial teacher certification (M.S. in Education/Literacy candidates only).
- GRE® or MAT scores (M.S. in Education candidates only)*.
- TOEFL scores (Non-native English speakers only).
*In some cases, individuals applying to the Master of Education in General Education program and not seeking initial or professional certification may request a waiver for this requirement.
APPLY ONLINE NOW
Choose the "Elmira College Application" and apply online.Once you've successfully submitted your application and have been admitted to a program, be sure to apply for financial aid, even if you think you may not qualify. Visit our Paying for College page for additional information.