Do you need to brush up on courses for your medical school application? Or are you thinking about a career change to the medical profession? The Elmira College post-baccalaureate pre-medical program can help you achieve your educational and career goals.
EC’s post-baccalaureate pre-medical program is a tailor-made preparatory program for those interested in medical school, pharmacy school, or a master’s program in medical sciences. The program features the core sciences required of medical programs with an opportunity to address your specific needs. Courses include chemistry, organic chemistry, biology, biochemistry, and physics, along with an MCAT prep course.
At EC, you’ll benefit from:
- Small class sizes
- A course sequence customized for you
- Engaged faculty and staff available for support outside of the classroom (committee letter, mock interviews, office hours, help with the application process)
- An MCAT prep course taught by faculty you have experienced in the program courses
- A pre-med advisor who can guide you through the medical school application process
This program is open to all individuals who have completed a bachelor’s degree and who meet the application requirements:
- Completed a B.A or B.S. with cumulative GPA of 2.7
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member at your bachelor’s granting Institution. If you have been out of school for 2+ years, professional references are acceptable.
- Transcripts from each institution attended
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and admission is competitive.
Students in the Elmira College post-baccalaureate pre-med program will have the opportunity to take Introduction to Medicine through Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine at Elmira. Those who meet the minimum standards for admission to LECOM are eligible for an interview with LECOM at the conclusion of the program.
Housing options are available.
Interested in learning more? Contact Dr. Lynn Gillie, professor of biology and pre-health professions advisor, at email@example.com or (607) 735-1859.