The dashboard below provides an update on Elmira College's positive COVID-19 tests, if any, broken out by constituency. All numbers reflect testing administered by a healthcare provider and/or Elmira College for students and employees currently living or working on campus. The dashboard is updated daily.
**Please note: the numbers reported on this dashboard are not identical to the information reported on the New York State dashboard. Be sure to read the definitions provided on each site.**
Those that have tested positive will either isolate in a designated location on campus or at an off-campus location with medical guidance provided by the Clarke Health Center and/or their personal health care professional until they recover.
The Chemung County Health Department is providing contact tracing and anyone who has come into close contact with the infected persons have been or will be notified and advised on the appropriate health and safety protocols. Notifications will be made to College members of possible exposures if the person testing positive was on campus while infectious. All contacts deemed at risk of exposure will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Students – All students that are residing in on-campus housing and/or taking classes on campus during the current term. Students who are taking classes solely via remote instruction are not included.
- Employees – All employees working on campus.
- New Cases – The number of individuals that tested positive since the previous daily report.
- Active Cases – The number of individuals currently in isolation due to having tested positive.
- Resolved Cases – The number of individuals, who previously tested positive, who have recovered and are no longer in isolation.
- Positive Test – The cumulative number of test results that indicate a person tested positive for the COVID-19 virus (not the antibody).
- Test Results – The cumulative number of test results returned from testing by a healthcare provider and/or Elmira College.
- Positivity Rate – Cumulative Percentage of individuals testing positive out of total test results returned.
- Quarantine Occupied – The number of students placed in quarantine due to testing administered by a healthcare provider and/or Elmira College. This does not include arrival or state quarantines. A person is placed in quarantine if they have close contact with an individual that has tested positive.
- Quarantine Beds – Number of quarantine beds managed by Elmira College (includes occupied and available). The College may expand inventory as necessary.
- Quarantine % Open – Percentage of quarantine beds that are NOT occupied by someone in quarantine and therefore currently available for use.