Elmira College values transfer students. We understand that sometimes your plans change. Perhaps you decided to attend a two-year college and are now ready to earn your bachelor's degree. Or, your four-year college experience did not meet your expectations. Whatever the reason, if you're ready to transfer to Elmira College, we promise to help you along the way. We are pleased to announce the Transfer Promise at Elmira College.
THE TRANSFER PROMISE INCLUDES:
- 1. Credit Evaluation before you apply!
- Many times, you want to know what courses will transfer to Elmira College. At EC, we will conduct a credit evaluation for you before you apply for admission. Contact the Office of Admissions to schedule an appointment with our Transfer Admissions Counselor.
- 2. Scholarships and Financial Aid
- We understand that affording a private college education may be a concern for you and your family. That's why transfer students are eligible to apply for merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid.
- 3. On-Campus housing
- Transfer students are guaranteed housing in one of our residence halls. We are a residential campus and welcome transfer students as valued, new members of our campus community!
- 4. Orientation and Course Selection
- Transfer students are invited to attend our Summer Registration Programs and become acclimated to the Elmira College community. Additionally, you'll be able to register for courses online.
A Transfer Promise:
"The transfer process was very easy due to the articulation program that Corning Community College has with Elmira College. Since I have been a student at EC, I am a member of Phi Theta Kappa, Kappa Delta Pi, and Omicron Delta Kappa. The professors and students at Elmira College made the campus feel like home and it felt like a family in my education cohort. They are always willing to make time to help me with any assignment or problem that I may run into with my content classes or education classes. Consider Elmira College as your next college to finish your Bachelor's Degree, to make friends, have excellent professors, and be ready for your professional career!"
"I am very happy I made the decision to transfer to EC from a SUNY institution because it has made my college experience much more personal for me. I no longer feel like just a number in a classroom; all my professors have been really great at getting to know everyone in their class and I feel comfortable asking questions and know that I have the time to talk to them and visit their offices with questions if necessary. The community at EC is great; I have made so many friends in such a short amount of time that will last a lifetime."