The Center for Academic and Professional Excellence
The Center for Academic and Professional Excellence (CAPE) is an integrated academic support unit committed to life-long learning and educational exploration. It is our mission to continually assist in improving your academic progress and personal goal building, giving you the power and opportunity to design a specific higher learning experience that will contribute to your success – whatever that means for you - long after graduation.
The CAPE Commitment:
- Supporting you in your academic, personal and professional pursuits;
- Assisting in designing a life plan for individual success both in and out of the classroom;
- Providing tools and resources to help you start, and direct, your successful journey as you venture into your career here at Elmira College.
CAPE services are available to all students seeking to improve and maximize their academic performance and career potential.
Accessibility Services (Carolyn Draht & Anthony Affissio)
- Academic Accommodations
- English Language Learner (ELL)
Carol and Robert Morris Career Services Center (Rachel Redmond, NCC & Melanie Moon)
- Career Exploration
- Community Engagement, Experiential Learning, Field Experience and Internships
- Alumni Assistance
- Employers & Community Partners
Student Success (Michaela Johnson & Anthony Affissio)
- George L. Howell Tutoring Center
- Academic Coaching
- Success Strategies Seminar
Writing Center (Dr. Annaliese Hoehling & Professor Autumn Watts)
- One-on-one tutoring
- Group Workshops
- Faculty Development Resources