The Clarke Health Center provides accessible, quality health care services to full time students at Elmira College. College Health Nurses are available Monday through Friday during the academic year.
The Clarke Health Center staff goal is to educate students so they can knowledgeably enter into a partnership with their health care provider and take their place as informed health care consumers.
Hours of Operation
- Regular Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Walk-in appointments are welcomed.
Calling ahead for appointment is recommended.
Students who call first are seen first!
Competent Holistic Caring
The Clarke Health Center supports the Elmira College Mission by assisting students in achieving their academic and life goals by providing holistic health promotion with the provisions of competent and effective healthcare services in a caring and nonjudgmental environment for the diverse campus population.
- Over the counter remedies/medication
- Prescriptions-New and Refills
- Referrals to specialists, local providers, higher level of care
- Basic medical care including: dressing changes, wound care, suture removal, throat cultures, mono testing, etc.
- Providers can order testing such as labs and radiology studies
- Injury Management/First Aide
- Influenza shots
- Health and wellness education
- Disease Management
- Nutritional assessment and follow up
- Allergy shots
- Free prescription delivery
Class attendance policies are determined by individual faculty members. The Health Center is not able to give you an "Excuse" from class. The staff will provide the student with documentation to verify that you were seen in the Health Center for treatment. This documentation can be shared with the professor, and they will determine whether it is eligible for an excused absence.