Housing Lottery 2019:
All students have been divided into brackets by the number of earned credits completed by the end of the Fall 2018-2019 Term. Credits earned prior to attending Elmira College have been applied to the credit count. You may login to your MyEC account to view your unofficial transcript which will show your number of earned credits.
- Bracket 1 (70+ Credits) will select housing first, starting at 6:00 pm on Monday, March 25, 2019
- Bracket 2 (40-69 Credits) will select housing second, starting at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, March 26th, 2019
- Bracket 3 (0-39 Credits) will select housing third, starting at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Housing selection will take place in Stephan's Lounge and and Basel Lounge in Meier Hall.
If you cannot attend Housing Selection:
- Complete a Housing Selection Proxy form and give it to a trusted friend who can select your housing locati
on for you during your assigned housing bracket
- If you do not have a trusted friend, please contact an RLC or myself and we can serve as your designated proxy.
- Your designated proxy must provide your schedule/ proof of registration for the Fall 2019 Term in order to select your housing.
The order in which you will have the opportunity to select your housing location is determined by a random number generator. Your number will be emailed to you at the conclusion of the Senior Class Auction on Tuesday, March 19, 2019.
The Senior Class Auction will auction off the number 1 and number 2 picks of Bracket 1, Bracket 2, and Bracket 3. Bidding on and winning one of these two picks is the only way to guarantee you have a high Housing Lottery Number within your bracket. You may only bid on and buy the pick for your assigned housing bracket.
Rules for selection will be as follows:
- All members of a suite/apartment/room must be present at the time of selection, or a completed proxy form must be turned in at the time of selection for non-present students
- You must have your Student ID card and a copy of your registration for classes for the Fall 2019 term with you when selecting your housing, or when your proxy selects your housing
- If you are not registered for the Fall 2019 term, you will not be permitted to select housing
- You may live with any student of any gender only on the Gender-Inclusive floor in Perry Hall
- You may live with a student from any class year; whomever has the higher lottery number will be the time slot you want to use to select your housing
- In Meier Hall, you will get to pick or pull-in students to the rooms that share a bathroom with your room. Men and women are not permitted to share a bathroom
- In all upperclassmen housing that has more than 1 room (Connected doubles or singles in Meier Hall, 4-person Cottages, suites in Towers, and Suites in Perry Hall, students can select to share the suite with members of the opposite Gender (Coed Housing). All members of a Coed housing arrangement must sign the Coed Housing Form acknowledging they understand they are living in a Coed Housing arrangement.
- In Meier Hall, Tower B, Perry Hall, the College Cottages, and Tompkins Hall you will be permitted to pull-in all roommates in suites/apartments
- You must have a full room when you select housing. Partially-filled rooms will not be eligible to select housing
- Students may buy-out double rooms as singles only in Tompkins and Perry Hall
Housing options available include suites, apartments, single rooms, double rooms, and triple rooms in Meier Hall, the College Cottages, Perry Hall, Tompkins Hall, and Tower B.
If you are not currently living on campus or will be a 5th-year senior and would like to be included in the housing selection process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, March 20th with your intent to do so. If you require a specific housing accommodation, please contact me to set-up an appointment to discuss it.