Elmira College is a private liberal arts College located in the Finger Lakes region of New York. Seeking innovative professionals from diverse academic and cultural backgrounds to fill the position of Head Women’s Volleyball Coach to join the open and welcoming Intercollegiate Athletics team.
The Head Women’s Volleyball Coach is responsible for all phases of a successful NCAA Division III Women’s Volleyball Program in accordance with all department, college, and NCAA Division III rules, regulations, and philosophies. In addition, the head coach performs all duties related to team operations including but not limited to the recruitment of qualified student athletes, student athlete development and retention, scheduling, budget management, and student athlete conduct.
The head coach supports the entire Athletic Department by performing an ancillary duty as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Recruiting of student-athletes in support of the overall mission of the team, Athletics Department, and Elmira College;
- Management of program budget, travel planning, practice and game scheduling, NCAA compliance;
- All aspects of physical and mental athlete development, practice planning, game planning, and teaching skills and strategies, academic support, and oversight of team student conduct;
- Team specific development – alumni relations & fundraising;
- Represent individual programs and Elmira college in both internal and external camp, clinic, recruiting, and marketing opportunities on campus, in the greater Elmira community, and nationwide,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Minimum of 2-3 years of coaching at the collegiate level or equivalent experience;
- Experience with college recruiting and admissions;
- Understanding of NCAA and institutional compliance;
- Budget and travel management experience;
- Experience coaching at an NCAA Division III institution, preferred.
Work Location: This position is not remote.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Status: Full-time. This position does not require scheduled office hours during a pre-determined two-month time frame between June 1 and August 15.
Supervises others?: Yes
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees and Students and their families; visitors to our campus; and the community at large from COVID-19. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption is required for employment and enrollment. Notwithstanding any language herein, Elmira College will comply with any state, local, or federal orders, statutes, or regulations that may conflict with the COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Elmira College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our educational programs and activities or our employment practices.