New High-Tech Classroom Dedicated at Elmira College
Friday, December 12, 2014
- New High-Tech Classroom Dedicated at Elmira College
Elmira College Takes Part in National Campaign "Giving Tuesday"
Tuesday, December 02, 2014
- We all know about those busy shopping days. Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday - all about finding deals and saving money. That makes it no accident that the campaign called "Giving Tuesday" follows shortly...
Elmira College Hosts Ceremony to Honor Hilliard Foundation
Monday, December 01, 2014
- Elmira College hosted a ceremony honoring the Hilliard Foundation Monday afternoon.
$150,000 In Scholarships For Bahamian Students
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
- Winners Announced For 13th Annual Sunshine Insurance Elmira College Essay & Speech Competition!
World AIDS Day Observance To Be Held Dec. 1
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
- ELMIRA, NY – Arnot Health, together with the Chemung County AIDS Task Force and Elmira College, is hosting a local event for internationally recognized World AIDS Day from 2:30-6:30 p.m., on Monday, December...
The Psychology of the Selfie
Friday, November 14, 2014
- Please click here to read the article from WETM:http://www.mytwintiers.com/story/d/story/the-psychology-of-the-selfie/34890/yiAqS93kdUSRlWBLw8k6IA
Elmira College Dedicates Malesardi Finance Trading Room
Monday, October 27, 2014
- Elmira College Dedicates Malesardi Finance Trading Room. Video courtesy of WENY-TV NEWS.
'Holbrook returns with more tales from Twain'
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
- 'Holbrook returns with more tales from Twain' - courtesy of the Elmira Star-Gazette:
Twin Tier Ties Expo
Thursday, October 02, 2014
- A networking opportunity for businesses, organizations and communities in the Twin Tiers Region. October 15, 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at First Arena in downtown Elmira.
Please click here to learn more:www.elmira.edu/enactus
Elmira College announces Presidential Lecture Series for 2014-15
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
- Elmira College announces Presidential Lecture Series for 2014-15.
U.S. News Releases 2015 Best Colleges Ranking Report
Tuesday, September 09, 2014
- U.S. News Releases 2015 Best Colleges Ranking Report. Elmira College holds #9 ranking position for Best Northern Regional Colleges and moves up to #4 position in Best Value Schools Regional Colleges (North).
Please click here to learn...
Labor Day begins classes at Elmira College
Wednesday, September 03, 2014
- Please click here to read the article:http://www.stargazette.com/story/news/local/2014/09/01/elmira-college-first-day-classes-labor-day/14937245/
Elmira College launches finance major, trading room
Wednesday, September 03, 2014
- Please click here to read the article:http://www.stargazette.com/story/news/local/2014/09/02/elmira-college-launches-finance-major-trading-room/14984999/
Audrey Thames '17 Named Miss Maine for the 2015 Miss America Competition
Monday, August 25, 2014
- A native of Topsham, Maine and a nursing major at Elmira College, Audrey Thames '17 was chosen to represent her home state as Miss Maine in the upcoming 2015 Miss America Competition. She is one of 53 individuals whom online voters choose to be...
Corning Incorporated Foundation Gifts to Support Scholarships and Health Sciences Center Construction
Thursday, August 21, 2014
From left to right:
Ms. Karen Martin, President, Corning Incorporated Foundation, Dr. Stephen F. Coleman, Vice President of Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty, Dr. Kathleen Lucke, Dean of Health Sciences and Professor of Nurse Education, Dr....
Tanis Lamoureux '14 Selected in Third Round of Canadian Women's Hockey League Draft
Thursday, August 21, 2014
- Please click here to read the article:
Dr. Milissa Volino Earns Ph.D. in Nursing
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
“I think nurses experience a lot of role strain, on all levels, and nurses who pursue education often have to work full-time. I think setting the example for students that you can be a full-time student, work, and have children, and...
Dr. Denise Berry-Talenti Earns Doctorate of Nursing Practice
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
“Elmira College is like a big family and you immediately feel that when you step on campus. We all help each other out. Each student has a name and they’re not a number, which ultimately helps students succeed.” -...
The Malesardi Finance Trading Room
Wednesday, July 09, 2014
“When we saw that there was going to be an opportunity to do something at the College that would offer the students this wonderful new major and also put a special twist on Bob’s love of finance, it was sort of a match made...
Teacher Education and Speech-Language Programs Granted National Accreditation
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
On May 7, 2014, the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) granted TEAC (Teacher Education Accreditation Council) Accreditation status to the College’s Undergraduate Teacher Education Program, the Graduate...
Marc Dennis Leads Project DUMBO through its 11th year
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Marc Dennis, Associate Professor of Art at Elmira College, leads Project DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) – a residential college course that allows Elmira College students to engage in the arts in New York City....
Elmira College Elects Two New Board Members
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
- On Saturday, May 31, 2014, the Elmira College Board of Trustees elected two new members, the Honorable Thomas J. Santulli, Chemung County Executive, and G. Thomas Tranter, Jr., President of Corning Enterprises and Director of Government...
Elmira College Holds 156th Commencement
Monday, June 02, 2014
On Sunday, June 1, Elmira College held its 156th Commencement Exercises at the First Arena on North Main Street in downtown Elmira. The College conferred 312 degrees at the ceremony including five associate’s degrees, 268...
eARTh- A Celebration shows off work by Elmira College Faculty and Students
Tuesday, May 06, 2014
Elmira College students Irina Ivanova '16 and Ayaka Yoshino '16 joined their teacher, Jan Kather, at the opening reception of the eARTh exhibition at State of the Art Gallery in Ithaca, NY...
Elmira College faculty member reelected to association board
Thursday, April 24, 2014
- The New York State Government Finance Officers’ Association Inc. announced that John A. Savash II, a CPA and associate professor of accounting at Elmira College, was recently re-elected to the association’s...
Students and Professors Present Posters at National Conferences in Boston and Dallas
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
- Senior Dan Moriarity ’14 and Junior Melanie English ’15, along with Professors Dr. Benjamin Lovett and Dr. Christopher Terry, recently attended the 2014 Eastern Psychological Association annual meeting in Boston, MA. At the...
Elmira College Represented at the 65th Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy
Thursday, March 20, 2014
Three Elmira College students and Dr. Jared Baker, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, recently attended the 2014 Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy. Commonly known as Pittcon, this event is the largest...
Elmira College Christian Fellowship to travel to Tegucigalpa, Honduras for a short-term mission experienc
Monday, March 10, 2014
Elmira College student nominated for prestigious acting scholarship
Friday, March 07, 2014
Elmira College Theatre students Katherine Juliano ’15 and Tony Naranjo ’15 have been selected as the college’s newest nominees for the Irene Ryan Acting Scholarships awarded by the Kennedy Center American College...
Dr. Amarendra Sharma speaks at the IFAD
Monday, February 10, 2014
- Dr. Amarendra Sharma, Associate Professor of Economics, was recently invited by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), a specialized agency of the United Nations, at its world headquarters in Rome, Italy to deliver a lecture...
The Presidential Lecture Series and Reinstein Symposium Events Rescheduled Due To Inclement Weather
Tuesday, February 04, 2014
- Lectures by Dr. Susanne Grennell ’70 DDS; New York State Appellate Judge Elizabeth Garry
The fifth installment of the Presidential Lecture Series featuring “Lifelong Learning in Your Profession” by Dr. Susanne...
Elmira College predicts growth by focusing on five key areas
Monday, February 03, 2014
Courtesy of the Elmira Star-Gazette
To Ronald Champagne, the mission of colleges today is no different from when they were created in the 15th century: Teach people to think, speak and express themselves in writing...
Prof. Marc Dennis Painting included as Part of the World’s Best Collection of Cat Art
Friday, January 31, 2014
- An upcoming exhibit of cat-inspired art in Los Angeles is the latest opportunity for people who generally browse online cat photos and videos by themselves to appreciate them with other fans IRL (in real life).
“Cat Art Show”...
Stanley Mugeki joins Elmira College as Director of Residence Life
Thursday, January 23, 2014
- Elmira College is pleased to announce that Stanley J.M. Mugeki has been appointed Director of Residence Life. Stanley attended the University of Wisconson-LaCrosse wherehe received both a Bachelor’s in Public Administration and...