Nursing Learning Outcomes
Students who earn a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing will:
- Utilize theories from humanities, natural, social and nursing sciences to focus on the recipients of patient care.
- Employ the nursing process in any setting and with all age groups to assess health status and to assist in the promotion, restoration and/or maintenance of optimum health.
- Utilize evidence-based findings to improve the quality of nursing care.
- Participate in identifying community and societal needs for health care of client systems.
- Provide leadership in defining community and societal needs for health care of the client system.
- Collaborate with consumers and colleagues to support changes in overall health behaviors and health care delivery for the welfare of society.
- Practice nursing in accordance with legal rights and ethical responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal and professional development.
Note: Learning goals are subject to regular review and revision.